Sunday 9 November 2014

I've been busy over the last couple of weeks rotovating a second patch and planting onions, garlic and flower bulbs for the spring.   




I've got some rocket and salads growing under the cloches.  The onions and garlic are tucked up for winter.  They are already sprouting.


Today I started my consumer research,  I set up a little chair in the sunshine, in a hope that dog walkers would stop and look.  I have had two positive responses so far, now I have to spread the word a bit further.



I've been propagating some plants from the garden to increase the numbers, mainly comfrey, as this will provide one of the main sources of fertiliser for the garden along with nettles.  

The short days and rainy weather mean there is not a lot to do in the garden,  I have mown  an area ready for rotovating, these will be for fruit bushes, most of which I have been propagating over the last year.  I have a good stock of gooseberry and current bushes along with raspberry canes and strawberries.  The next good day and Ill be out there transplanting.

In the mean time I'm looking through seed catalogues for heritage and unusual varieties to try once the spring is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment